Meat: Life-giving solid and sustaining information, teaching or doctrine for the spiritually mature -too hard to digest (ponder and apply) for the spiritually young or immature.
Raw meat: information, teaching or doctrine that has not been fully prepared– it has not even begun to undergo the process of refining and evaluating — dangerous to take in/believe!
- Information which is crude; not tempered
- Teaching/information that is brutally or grossly frank
- Inexperienced, ignorant or untrained (as in a raw recruit)
- Referencing information which is still only raw data
- Raw as “in the raw” meaning in the flesh or exposed flesh— hmmmm now that’s one to ponder!
- an idiom for someone who is vulnerable to being devoured by others (usually predators) “there’s some raw meat!” (usually derogatory towards women)
Consider the type of meat:
Chicken– information that is bland and run of the mill
- word play on being chicken –fearful; lacking of courage and the
- word play foul/fowl
Turkey– can reference thanksgiving
- Something that is foul/fowl.
- Idiom: someone that is lame or silly as in “you turkey!”
- Idiom: going cold turkey– stopping something instantly–eating a cold turkey sandwich?– could be a reference to fasting!
Steak– usually references information/teaching/doctrine that is solid and good!
- An American tradition or mainstay– as in steak and potatoes.
- Raw steak as in steak tartare is actually a delicacy and could reference some raw-but choice information that is being offered as is to consider and ponder
Pork: usually negative in dreams–can be a reference to information/teaching/doctrine that is forbidden/unsanctified
- Fleshy/earthly/humanistic teachings (pigs are fat and roll in the mud!)
- Idiom: “pork spending”–a pet project that profits a local community at the expense of others.
- W0rd play- boar/bore– stuff that is boring!
Lamb- pertaining to Jesus or devouring those who are vulnerable (like a lamb to slaughter)
Wild game– info that may not appeal to everyone– could be on the fringe or “edgy” or something that is a little off or “gamey”
- Venison: unusual information- perhaps info /teaching that you have tracked down yourself! Negative– devouring those who are vulnerable and dear/deer to God
- Squirrel:– small tidbits you have right in your own backyard–that is readily available for you to hunt down yourself versus untrustworthy info/teachings or knowledge from a source that is hard to nail down –squirrelly
- Rabbit: common knowledge that may be fleeting– note its on the bottom of the foodchain– nothing special for sure— but will sustain you if you are starving!